Wednesday, April 30, 2008

1st Day at Conference

I am working backwards but there ya go who cares. The first day of the conference was cool.
I went to 3 sessions
Session one was the best of the day for me as I listened to Linda Wright and Michelle Eady from Northern Onterio talk about their project teaching with 1st Nation children with the use of synchronous and asynchronous technologies, fascinating stuff. I was approached afterwards to talk about possibilities ōf connecting with NZ kids. I really look forward to hearing from Michelle about this. You can find out more about their excellent project at:
Sioux-Hudson Literacy Council

The second session was about C.I.D.E.R the Canadian Institute of Distance Education Research while interesting it was not really my cup of tea. I will mention it to a friend of mine at work Helen who may be able to use the links to C.I.D.E.R coordinated at Athabasca University

The third session was with Adobe Connect sales team. We have been having some issues since the upgrade to adobe 6 so i wanted to see and here about adobe 7 but this has not been released yet. An alright session.

The fourth was Cam and I presenting on the VLN . The Virtual Learning Network is one of my foci's of work and has been for the last 5 years. We had about 40 people attended and a number of excellent comments were made . Very nice. A few areas of interest came out of this and I will detail these later.
We drove from Bannf to Jasper today through the Canadian Rockies what a very awesome trip.
Ī forgot to bring the cable to download the pics will post some later.
Well goodnight tired now

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eddie,
When we - wife and family - went thru' Bannf on our North American sojourn We were particularly struck by the scenery. I will never forget the amazing uplift mountain ranges - probably more visible when we were there with less snow! Did you get to see Lake Louise also?

Anonymous said...

By the way Eddie - thanks for the commentary. We appreciate it.

Eddie Reisch said...

we did indeed a magnificent country thanks for the comments Phil